Wicked Defense is now online!

Started by
3 comments, last by Lifepower 16 years, 9 months ago
We are proud to introduce you our latest game called Wicked Defense. It is a real-time puzzle and strategy game in 3D with advanced visual effects and user interface. The rules of the game are very simple: you have to prevent the incoming hordes of monsters from reaching their destination by building attack towers and casting powerful spells. The game goes beyond the classical approach very common to all Turret Defense (or "Tower Defense") maps. Instead of linearily upgrading towers and maxing their characteristics, you have to make towers support each other with their advantages and weaknesses. In addition, all towers and all monsters in the game have their unique special abilities. You can upgrade each tower in one of three different categories (they change from tower to tower), making every tower you build completely unique! The monsters in the game can help each other by regenerating, healing themselves, speeding up other monsters and even cloning! Finally, in Wicked Defense you can cast spells to support your towers and lay havoc on the battlefield. Some screenshots are shown below. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us The game can display thousands of objects with the total complexity of 2 million faces or more, in real-time. It uses a sort of procedural geometry for all objects in the game and requires a shader-capable video card to run. Check the game at: http://www.wicked-defense.com [Edited by - Lifepower on July 12, 2007 10:33:59 PM]
Advertisement
Wow looks cool! I'll definetly have to check that out!
its a really fun game!
There is one thing though, I don't know if this is a glitch or intended.

I will be playing level 2, and be on a roll killing guys, and then alla sudden the screen will go black, and the music plays and said i was defeated, even though my life was past 100, and I am confident I could have killed the rest of the guys.

Any suggesstions?
Joel Bruce, Founder of JAB IT and Yoale's Site
Vivid War Game Manual
Awesome demo. Looks very professional and solid.

What techniques (languages, engines) does the game use ?
The main menu is very cool, too. Is this coded from scratch ?
So long,Mr.E
Quote:Original post by kylecrass
I will be playing level 2, and be on a roll killing guys, and then alla sudden the screen will go black, and the music plays and said i was defeated, even though my life was past 100, and I am confident I could have killed the rest of the guys.

Did it show the nag screen? I think it's unclear about the "defeat", since in reality it's the time limit that is reached. It'll be fixed. [wink]

Quote:Original post by Mr E
What techniques (languages, engines) does the game use ?
The main menu is very cool, too. Is this coded from scratch ?

The entire game was written from scratch, in Turbo Delphi. The graphics uses my own framework Asphyre eXtreme II. The parts that took us the most of the time were writing shaders (about 1.5 months out of 4) and balancing towers (one month) - we spent days playing with tower parameters in Excel. This is why this game has no "best" tower overall. [smile]

Also, we're in the process of improving the demo by adding ingame tutorials and making the map editor. We have changed the gameplay from fixed wave entrants to templates (pseudo-random waves), which gives similar concept of maps, but has infinite replayability (each time you play the same map, the waves are different).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement