• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Structural

[Fixed] Reboots when opening multiple rendering contexts

This topic is 3969 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Howdy people, I'm currently developing a video filter that renders 3D stuff into your windows media player. For this I am using OpenGL in the background. Now since yesterday I have been haunted by reboots since I try to open a second rendering context in the video filter DLL, and I haven't been able to locate the problem. So I am hoping some of you might have an idea where to look. What I have is the following: - DLL, containing the video filter - Thread: initializing OGL, running the rendering every frame (don't shoot me, this is necessary) - Another thread, doing the same as above - Some syncing to prevent one OGL context from becoming active while the other is still rendering. I quickly put this in to get the multiple renderer thingy going, so it may not be perfect. What happens: - I run my window media player classic attached to the debugger (VC2005), it loads the DLL, it renders like it should - I close the WMP - I run it again, and when loading OGL: BANG, reboot Does anyone have an idea what could be causing such a hard crash? What could I possibly do to make Windows reboot? The last time I managed to do that I was doing some VERY illegal and exotic stuff. But now... thanks in advance [edit] Some more info, the event log states I had a bugcheck reboot. Looking up the error codes it means I had an access violation in a kernel-mode program, probably a driver. [edit2] I found the problem. Apparently I had a typo in the classname I pass to RegisterClass. The whole system goes tits up if the classname parameter does not exactly match the string "OpenGL". Pretty weak it crashes the OS/driver though. [Edited by - Structural on July 13, 2007 2:46:21 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!