[.net] XNGSE install borked config manager

Started by
2 comments, last by Dave Hunt 16 years, 9 months ago
So, over the last couple of weeks I started noticing that VC# 2k5 EE didn't have a drop down box to select the project configuration type (debug or release). That seemed pretty odd, since I thought I remembered seeing it. It became rather annoying, as I had to open the project settings and manually change the compiler options in order to switch between a debugging and a release build configuration. Then, I reallized all my XNA game projects had the configuration drop down box, right next to the "start program" button. And the configuration manager option was back on the tools menu. To test it, I created one new project for each project template that XNAGSE had, and the only projects that had configuration management were XNA projects. Now, this is silly, because XNA games on Windows build no differently than windows applications for x86 processors. After creating the XNA game project, I can use the project settings page to completely reconfigure what type of project it is (even a console app), and still have the configuration manager. So it seems that after installing XNAGSE, only the XNA project templates get the configuration manager, for some reason. I noticed that it is a little different, now with an option to select a target platform (mine reads "X86" and "All Platforms"). I can't seem to get the configuration manager to show up on any projects that I previously created as normal projects. Anyone else see this?

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
By default, C# Express has a bunch of options hidden. GSE's solution/project files have them turned on.

You should be able to enable this for other projects by going to Tools/Options and clicking "Show all settings." Then, in the Projects and Solutions section, make sure "Show advanced build configurations" is selected.

If that doesn't do it, try going into the toolbar configuration and make sure the solution configurations item is included.
Before writing this post, I had been all over the Options screen, and even had the "show all settings" check box marked, but somehow I completely skimmed over the "show advanced build configuration" setting. Thanks.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Glad I could help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement