Sign in to follow this  

I don't want TRANSPARENT POLYGONS!

This topic is 3840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Someone help me please! I'm using GL_LIGHTING and my polygons turn out to be transparent. I'm drawing a simple shelf of polygons, but you can see through the polygons forming the shelf. I don't like that. I want my polygons to be INtransparent These are my material settings: GLfloat brownMat[] = {0.63f, 0.31f, 0.18f, 1.0f}; GLfloat blackMat[] = {0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f}; glMaterialfv(GL_FRONT, GL_AMBIENT, blackMat); glMaterialfv(GL_FRONT, GL_DIFFUSE, brownMat); glMaterialfv(GL_FRONT, GL_SPECULAR, blackMat); As you can see, the alpha values are all set to 1, so I'm supposed to expect nothing but a beautiful brown shelf. But I'm getting a shelf structure made of transparent polygons instead. It looks more like a shelf made of brown glass. So what's the problem here? How can I make the polygons INtransparent? Cheers Marvin

I would say you should try disabling GL_BLEND (or the equivalent, I haven't used OpenGL in a while). You could also make sure that depth testing is enabled. Hope this helps.

It's hard to tell what is wrong from your description. It could possibly be inverted normals, depth testing not enabled, or depth writing is disabled. Do you call glEnable(GL_BLEND) anywhere? Do you have color material enabled and then call glColor with a non 1.0 alpha value? Are you using textures? Do your textures contain an alpha channel? Post a screen shot. Post some more code as well if your project is small.

The previous comment addresses the original question, but the word you're looking for is "opaque".

turn off blending should fix the problem.

anywhere in yourcode or right before you draw your objects/data

GL_Disable(GL_BLEND);

This topic is 3840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.