• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hornpipe2

Tilt-n-Roll Game Demo

This topic is 4110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I created an open-source demo game for the Intel Game Demo 2007 contest in an attempt to win some prizes and fame. The objective of the game is to roll a marble through a 3d maze from start to finish, avoiding traps and enemies along the way. You can play with mouse or keyboard. The final version will include support for playing by tilting your laptop (supported laptops only) - this is already partially supported (IBM Thinkpad in Windows, Linux users can patch their SDL for Thinkpad support, and Mac laptop users can try to wrangle with Unimotion to get things working right) Anyway - Please drop by http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/gamecontest/EntryDetails.aspx?entryID=54 and rate my game. I would appreciate a thumbs-up (but won't hold it against you if you honestly vote me down). You can also try out the game from that link or view the 9mb WMV trailer. Finally here is a screenshot for your viewing pleasure.

Advertisement
Nice game. Simple to control and addictive.

Some clipping bugs though - but good work. Good luck with the contest!

You guys can scale back the voting now. It seems the contest heads thought people would promote their entries themselves like I did, but thanks to grumbling from low-voted entries (and some pretty severe cheating), here's the latest from Intel:

"Because the voting hasn't gone exactly as hoped, we've all agreed that the judges will now look at EVERY complete entry (regardless of # of votes) and to be fair, we'll put significantly more weight into the judges voting based on fulfilling the technical criteria rather than popular vote."

So lots of the underpromoted-yet-technically-superior entries are getting a shot at the top prizes now. Honestly I think this is a better way to run a contest designed to show off your awesome multicore processors, but I wish I'd known it would be that way from the start before asking a hundred people to vote for me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!