• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

any one with exp come here plz

This topic is 3841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a problem i have plans descriptions and a story line i have characters buildings and every thing to make a game but i do not know how to make it i was planing a 3-D game fantasy like a popular web game but i do not know any thing about scripting programming or coding if any one has any questions or answers or if you know of a site or program that can help me masivley on making it please reply me

Advertisement
genious....no single interpunctation in this post..nice one.

btw: i got a car the fastest car the best, car the most modern car and the most most most cool looking car in the world but i do not know how to drive it somebody please help

greetz :)

edit: i edit my post to fit your style :P

Take a look at the Forum FAQ, it's got a lot of the answers to those basic questions.

Otherwise, you can look at modding an existing game engine (Half-Life2, Crysis engine, Torque). That's probably the quickest route if you don't know how to program

Otty, don't post like that in the For Beginners forum. you might want to check out the Forum FAQ too.

-me

GameDev.net is probably the best site to start period.

The site I used to start the programing part, is nehe.gamedev.net

Nehe teaches you how to program in opengl, and the windows environment. It's doesn't teach you c/c++, it expects you already know it.

And it's going to take you years to master programing, there is no "quick" way to go about it.

If you wan't to learn to program, here are a few links:

http://www.cprogramming.com/begin.html
http://www.ultimategameprogramming.com/demoDownload.php?category=Cpp&page=1

mitrichunter - I just registered but have been reading posts on gamedev.net for about 9 months and most any question you can ask has probably been answered throughout one thread or another. I've used the search function so much I haven't even had to register until now. Great source of info.

thank you guy thank thank thank you all thank you this is some of the first help ie got every one else on other sites are bone heads

Programming a game can be hard but 3D game programming can get extremely complicated. You're way in over your head for a first project. Start off with something simpler and perhaps use something like PyGame, FreeBasic or even Game Maker to get a feel for it. Who knows, you could even render your 3D models into 2D icons and build a top-down isometric game.

Quote:
Original post by thedirt
Please don't lump freeBasic with Game Maker. Thanks,

Why not? What is your opinion of each of those?

If you only want to be a "designer" you better be rich... because designers pay people to make their visions a reality (at least at top level).
-durfy

UM rich not a prob i am from 2 of some of the richest familys i georgia plus only child no prob but i would like to do those things my self

if wondering i am 9 years old if any one would like to see my resimay not the best speller but if you want to see it ask

Please use punctation - It will make your posts more readable. Also,
it is *required* in programming as many languages use it.

As others said, it sounds like you are walking before crawling. i.e.,
jumping ahead to fast. Start with learning a language, then an API like
OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, etc. If you find C or C++ to hard, try PyGame
instead (I heard alot of good things about it.)

After all of this (Which may take a year or more depending on how you learn),
then start game programming by building small games. Video games are very complex
pieces of software, and unique to most other programming fields.

Good luck[smile]

Quote:
Original post by mitrichunter
if wondering i am 9 years old if any one would like to see my resimay not the best speller but if you want to see it ask

if you're only 9 , managed to find here , make a poor-english yet coherent post , and managed to not go frenzy at everyone that told you it wouldn't be that easy , and already have your game somewhat planned , you might just be able to get somewhere

i'm going to give you one path and a single one , it's not the best , there is no best , these is only a world full of argueing , and i suggest you take it , because you're young and you're prolly better off walking a straight path instead of questioning yourself every 2 minuts about wether you're on the right one

so lets just get you started with programming , language C# (many people will argue for or against this , the dominant language on gamedev is C++ and is the one on wich you will get the most answer , it will also give you more trouble tho python and C# are starting to get recommended a lot more nowadays specially for begginers , you will have a game running faster if starting from no experience by picking one of these)

if you decide to follow my advice and go with C# download visual C#

click here and make sure to follow all the instructions for installation going throught the download and get a key buttons

once you have it installed watch this video

if you have any issues with all this ask back in this post and i'll try to help , else once you're done check out the C# workshop in here (up untill there you won't have done anything to do with games and won't see how it relates , this is normal and is a required step , you need to learn generic programming there is no such thing as "games programming" games programming is just programming game concepts in the same languages as everything else and using specific functions afterward to display things on screen among other things , this is an advanced topic that you can't learn before you're done with the C# workshop)

once you'll be done with the C# workshop you can start learning XNA or MDX but by then you'll prolly have figured that out and will definately not need to ask what they are.

enjoy!

acualy if you guys want 2 know i am getting help from my bro and i have been doing extra coricular activitys so i can have good futur but i think i have my mind set on learning c# and c++ it will set me of faster and i am doing a little with pygame so thank you ranakor and every one

wood any one like to be my freind on icq i have no friends on it so please it gets realy boring online some times nothing to do and i would like to talk to some one please break my bordom and be my freind

Quote:
Original post by mitrichunter
i have a problem i have plans descriptions and a story line i have characters buildings and every thing to make a game but i do not know how to make it i was planing a 3-D game fantasy like a popular web game but i do not know any thing about scripting programming or coding if any one has any questions or answers or if you know of a site or program that can help me masivley on making it please reply me

You are American. You speak English. You write English. You breathe English. As a consequence, and because we are not paid to decipher posts that don't even contain a single comma or anything that would look like a normal sentence, I kindly suggest you to increase your writing skills by a good percentage.

For the record, I'n not English, I'm not American, and my posts are easier to understand than yours.

Now, to answer your question: a game is not all about programing - although this represent a good part of the job. You also need some graphics (either models or sprites, bit since you're going to deal with 3D, you'll have to tackle with 3D models). I'm not sure you are ready for this, so my advice would be to

1) learn programming or sharpen your artistic skills. Be aware that this might take a long time.
2) when you will think you're ready to create a game, create a small game first, and learn the underlying technology.
3) once you'll have done a couple of small games, you might be wise enough to understand the complexity of 3D games. As a consequence, you'll be ready to experiment these.

Quote:
Original post by otty
genious....no single interpunctation in this post..nice one.

btw: i got a car the fastest car the best, car the most modern car and the most most most cool looking car in the world but i do not know how to drive it somebody please help

greetz :)

edit: i edit my post to fit your style :P

Well, you should avoid that in the future. You are supposed to know that newbies bashing is NOT tolerated on these boards. If you want to bash or to mock someone, do not hesitate to NOT post.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement