• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mitrichunter

any one with exp come here plz

This topic is 4022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a problem i have plans descriptions and a story line i have characters buildings and every thing to make a game but i do not know how to make it i was planing a 3-D game fantasy like a popular web game but i do not know any thing about scripting programming or coding if any one has any questions or answers or if you know of a site or program that can help me masivley on making it please reply me

Advertisement
genious....no single interpunctation in this post..nice one.

btw: i got a car the fastest car the best, car the most modern car and the most most most cool looking car in the world but i do not know how to drive it somebody please help

greetz :)

edit: i edit my post to fit your style :P

Take a look at the Forum FAQ, it's got a lot of the answers to those basic questions.

Otherwise, you can look at modding an existing game engine (Half-Life2, Crysis engine, Torque). That's probably the quickest route if you don't know how to program

Otty, don't post like that in the For Beginners forum. you might want to check out the Forum FAQ too.

-me

GameDev.net is probably the best site to start period.

The site I used to start the programing part, is nehe.gamedev.net

Nehe teaches you how to program in opengl, and the windows environment. It's doesn't teach you c/c++, it expects you already know it.

And it's going to take you years to master programing, there is no "quick" way to go about it.

If you wan't to learn to program, here are a few links:

http://www.cprogramming.com/begin.html
http://www.ultimategameprogramming.com/demoDownload.php?category=Cpp&page=1

mitrichunter - I just registered but have been reading posts on gamedev.net for about 9 months and most any question you can ask has probably been answered throughout one thread or another. I've used the search function so much I haven't even had to register until now. Great source of info.

Programming a game can be hard but 3D game programming can get extremely complicated. You're way in over your head for a first project. Start off with something simpler and perhaps use something like PyGame, FreeBasic or even Game Maker to get a feel for it. Who knows, you could even render your 3D models into 2D icons and build a top-down isometric game.

If you only want to be a "designer" you better be rich... because designers pay people to make their visions a reality (at least at top level).
-durfy

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!