• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NintenFreak

OpenGL OpenGL book for mac? [SOLVED]

This topic is 4022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am look for an OpenGL book for mac. I am wondering if anyone can give any suggestions on a book from experience with that book or if a friend has a book and says it really good. It doesn't need to be specifically for mac but it needs to be mac compatible. I've searched Google but I don't want to buy something that doesn't help me at all and is hard to understand. I am using C++ if that matters. [Edited by - NintenFreak on July 16, 2007 9:05:40 AM]

Advertisement
openGL is the same on all platforms. So just pick up the OpenGL red book and go to town. The window creation and hdc access is going to be mac specific but that's unrelated to openGL

If you use SDL with openGL then all your window creation and whatnot will be done for you also using the same syntax as windows.

-me

printf is a C function that can be used in C++
We can't tell you what you are doing with just 1 function name.
C++ uses std::cout these days
cout is outdated / no longer the standard

Quote:
Original post by NintenFreak
I'm pretty new to it but C uses printf and C++ uses cout. So i am basically using C ?

There's a *lot* more to it than that. But, yes, you can write almost all C code and compile it with a C++ compiler and it will work.

And what V Man is saying is that all standard library things (functions, classes) are in the namespace "std". That means that you have to put the "std::" infront of them or the "using namespace std;" at the start of your code. You probably are already using std::cout, just you have the "using namespace std;" at the top of your code which let's you avoid the "std::" part.

Thank you everyone i think i know what I'm going to get and I've already made some progress from the free samples from the super bible fourth edition.
If anyone cares I will be using the online red book and eventually the OpenGL Super Bible fourth edition.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!