• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Strange VC++ 2005 Express SP1 error

This topic is 3877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just had a strange error occuring. I'm currently writing a game with the almost latest version of Ogre (1.4.2), and all of a sudden, randomally, VC++ refused to compile the solution. I have 2 projects in the solution, the first being a small (very small) static library, and the second being the actual game executable, which is being compiled against ogre and dynamically linked. It would compile the static library, but then would stop with an "Error: an unspecified error occured" and it would fail. I tried rebuilding several times, and then I manually deleted the files generated by compiling, as you have to do sometimes, but nothing worked. I then attempted to restart VC++ by closing the solution. ... nothing, again, still nothing. I tried to exit the program by clicking on the big red cross, and then with alt-F4. Nothing worked. I had to go into the task manager and shut down the process. Now everything works fine again. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a known bug?

Advertisement
I've done a bit of searching, but I haven't been able to find anything about this.

Anyone know how I could prevent it from happening again (even though it's only happened once)?

I mean, I had plenty of spare RAM, I had shut down all the other running programs, but nothing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement