How to manipulate textures

Started by
3 comments, last by MARS_999 16 years, 9 months ago
I want to make holes into my map, but i dont know how i can manipulate the textures, so it would draw some black filled circle in the texture to make it transparent and look like a hole. Any links or direct help? I didnt find anything with google, maybe im using wrong keywords?
Advertisement
It's been awhile since I've done anything much at all in GL but I don't think "texture modification" is quite the thing you're looking for. Look instead for things like "texture replacement" so you can replace the texture with a "hole" version.

AfroFire | Brin"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."-Albert Einstein
Or have you considered applying the hole as a transparency map to on top of your texture?
Quote:Original post by methinks
Or have you considered applying the hole as a transparency map to on top of your texture?

Yes, but isnt that the same problem still? I dont know how to manipulate the transparency map :P

So is the only way to replace the texture with another? i cant manipulate it pixel by pixel?
You can use either shaders, or you will have to keep an array of texture data around and modify that data and upload that data to the texture object you have assigned for the texture you want to modify. HTH

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement