• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

WPA problems

This topic is 3960 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I finally bought a wireless card for my laptop. I've been able to have it recognized, but I can't seem to get my WPA encryption to work yet. I've downloaded WPA_Supplicant. I've googled it several times and can't seem to find a solution that works. Any ideas? The card is a Netgear WT511T (has the 'super-g' support), and running Fedora 7. Thanks.

Advertisement
A quick google search indicates that this is a card with an Atheros chip, using the MadWiFi driver. Incidentally, I happen to haev a card with the same chip, and it works (WPA-PSK, haven't tried the other methods).

Sorry, can't be more helpful since it always worked for me... at least now you can google for madwifi or atheros in case you didn't know those details before.

I must have configured something wrong. Or I might need to reinstall the madwifi drivers. At least I know it can work.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!