• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PhlashStudios

PointIt: Get Around Email Atachment Size Limits

This topic is 4116 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

PointIt Main Screen I guess this doesn't qualify as a game, but it can help in developing games so that you can easily email around large files between people. What PointIt does, is essentially allow you to easily upload a large file to our servers and email a Java program to someone that when downloaded and run automatically downloads and opens your large file. This eliminates the hassle of email attachment limits and means that you don't have to bother with WinZip or file upload sites. So basically what you do is after you install it, just open up the file called PointIt which should be on your Desktop. Select the file you want to email and then click PointIt. Then go into your email client, and click attach a file. Then navigate to the directory in which you installed PointIt and select a file called SendThis.jar. When the person you are sending this to opens SendThis.jar on their computer it will automatically download and open the file you wanted to send them. Here is the link to the download site. If you have any questions email me at help@conveniencesoftware.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!