• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GOAP implementation, lua source.

This topic is 3874 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Upheld numerous articles Jeff Orkin'a, threads in the forums about this approach Goal-Oriented Action Planning (GOAP) and STRIPS. I wanted to use this technique to build a animations graph, but can't find source\tutor on this (GOAP) subject. I want to put a small research may prove useful to someone. The challenge, which I tried to read something like this: + are different units, managed by logic + change the unit logical state produce different unit animation + between animation is interdependence, such as: the inclusion of animation <Reload> for unit <Robot> perhaps only in animation <Move> or change animation <Freeze> for unit <Biped> possible only through animation <Idle> This is what happened: goap.lua - http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?1k4t3oxnbdwc astar.lua - http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?axz0w5fbtd4q Run "Lua.exe goap.lua> result.log" Tested at <Lua5.1>. In goap.lua : - g_tGoals - state, which wants to see the logic of abstract Unit - g_tHumActions, g_tRoboActions, g_tMseActions-Action (Action-involves animation), which can perform a particular type of unit to achieve Goals. Actions conditions is - Actions : : precond, and the result is - Actions : : effect.

Advertisement
Was there a question in there, or is this just a 'sharing my experience' post?

If your animations has a limited number of goal states (actions) which are reached by a limited number of transition states (intermediary poses) you could map a static network of animation transitions which could be either traversed using something like A* OR even be completely digested and a directed map built that has a list of valid transitions to all actions.

Since the animations are a finite data set with a completely predefined (usually hand validated) set of transitions, the combinations of start_state to end_state
paths can be preprocessed to remove the realtime processing load.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement