• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

World Map

This topic is 3989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I made a world map and it doesn't look like a RPG game map . I was wondering if theres any FREE software that I could use to create a game map. That looks like a Regular map?

Advertisement
how nice of you to giv ehim that insight.. :|. Anyhow, is it a 2d game or a 3d game? if it is 3d and all you need is a 3d modeling program then go with blender IT ROCKS!. Else, I can't help you :P

Thank you for replying...well its 2d based heres the world map I have now it sucks don't flame on it lol...
KillaKo Resurrections

I created it with Paint.NET...so IDK if there software out there that would be great

and I would like it look look something like

Can't say if there are any game specific tools for rendering stylized 2D maps of your game world, but what you could do is scale down your world data and then use the gimp to make it pretty.

Quote:
Original post by erissian
Can't say if there are any game specific tools for rendering stylized 2D maps of your game world, but what you could do is scale down your world data and then use the gimp to make it pretty.

I have the gimp personally...but thanks lol:)...im going to look for some softwares

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!