3D Model rendering techniques

Started by
1 comment, last by Gagyi 16 years, 9 months ago
Hi all, I've just finished my diffuse normal and specular shader and I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to where to go from here to improve the quality of models in my game project. I've heard of things like ambient occlusion, (mainly from following Ysaneya's journal), but I was wondering for a project that isn't so intensely focused on looking amazing, what other effects would be considered *fast* enough with good enough visual results to be worth considering adding? Oh, did I forget to mention simple enough for me to handle as well :). Thanks in advance.
- Teach a programmer an answer, he can code for a day. Show a programmer the documentation, he can code for a lifetime.
Advertisement
okay..
I don't know how do you applay the specular effect but i can tell you that you can use a specular map to determine which are you want to make a specular effect.

about "ambient occlusion" sorry.. I don't know what it means.
Ambient occlusion is a must for static objects. At least you can use a simple lightmap. It will look ten times more realistic.

Bloom adds to the realism too ;) Even unnoticably little bloom can make it look much better.
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement