• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

MD3 Tags

This topic is 3865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear community , i've already posted something similar quite a time... but this is going to make me insane i can't get the different part of MD3 model aligned correctly. In fact i write the parser for use in D3D using a left handed coordinate system. all is loaded correctly but the mulipart mesh is not aligned correctly, here is what i do in pseudo code for the parsing of MD3 Tags :

void CMD3Model::ParseTag(FILE *f,MD3Tag& t)
{

fread(t.Name,64*sizeof(char),1,f);
		fread(t.Pos,3*sizeof(float),1,f);

fread(t.X,3*sizeof(float),1,f);
		fread(t.Y,3*sizeof(float),1,f);
		fread(t.Z,3*sizeof(float),1,f);

D3DXVec3Normalize(&t.X,&t.X);
		D3DXVec3Normalize(&t.Y,&t.Y);
		D3DXVec3Normalize(&t.Z,&t.Z);

t.m = D3DXMATRIXA16(    t.X.x,t.Y.x,t.Z.x,0,
				        t.X.y,t.Y.y,t.Z.y,0,
				        t.X.z,t.Y.z,t.Z.z,0,
				        t.Pos.x,t.Pos.y,t.Pos.z,1);

}

then i link the meshes according to tags like so : // This attach the legs with tags that have been parsed in lower.md3 named tag_torso legs->Attach(0,torso); // This attach the head to the tags that have been parsed in upper.md3 named tag_head torso->Attach(0,head); The number is the ID of the link in case a mesh is attached to multiple childs... I know that people start by converting the tag matrix in a quaternion , but for know i want to understand where is the fault in my code or knowledge about this format... Thanks in advance if you can help me ! i've been stucked for this since 1 month...(i made other things of course but this is giving me headache)...

Advertisement
None has done a MD3 Viewer with Direct3D ?
Please i really appreciate some help on this...

up !
i really need md3 rendering... , i must say that i use D3D with left handed coordinates...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement