game building question

Started by
1 comment, last by TaeKwonDo 16 years, 9 months ago
Alright so ive decided to actualy build a game instead of just small useless projects. Anyway iv'e got my main menu for the most part setup and I want to go to a different function called New_Game(). for now i just want it so when new game option is selected the screen jus goes black and stays there (I want to finish up the menu more before I continue). the problem is when I press enter the screen goes black for a second then returns to the main menu. I was wondering if I should be using something other then a function for this or am I just missing something. If you need the code to check just tell me and i'll post it up for you thanks
Advertisement
There's not enough context to really understand what your problem is. Generally, you can just draw a black quad across the screen, update the screen once, and then not update it until you are done loading whatever you want to load. At this point you also need to remove the menu from the "render list" or wherever else you are keeping it.
Yea sorry for being alittle vauge it hard to explain but I figured it out, I was just updating to quickly and had to adjust it a bit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement