• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AvengerDr

[MDX] User Interface library needs testers

This topic is 4075 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, if I could steal a moment of your time, I'd like your feedback on this UI library that I'm developing for MDX projects. Here is a demo you can download (no spyware/virus of course). It should run if you have either the DirectX SDK installed or "simply" the MDX dlls. In the case it shouldn't run, please post me the log file it should generate. So if you can download it, play with it a bit and see if there's any bug that I wasn't able to find. If you need any other info about the library, please refer to the project page. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Looking good

I see you've added a good few UI controls since the last time I played about with it [smile]

The only thing in the demo I wasn't sure was correct or not, was if I clicked and held the mouse down on the TrackBar control and them moved the mouse over some of the other controls (like the TextBox), then released the mouse. The TrackBar remained active as if I still had the mouse button pressed down. So anytime I moved the mouse over the TrackBar again, it would update to where the mouse was positioned and only stopped this by clicking on the TrackBar and releasing the mouse while over the TrackBar. I hope you can follow that [smile]

Not sure if this is a desired feature or not but just felt a little weird.

Great work though. I'll have to have a play about with it myself some time instead of just running the demo [grin]

All the best,
ViLiO

Thanks for the feedback, I fixed that bug. It happened because, "standing to Windows Forms canon", the MouseUp event only happens when you release a button inside a control's boundaries. If you hold the mb down and move around, the mouseUp will be fired for another control (not the trackbar). I applied the MouseCapture feature of the other draggable window and now it is working fine.

Yes there are many more control now. With the window management system it is becoming really powerful. But still there are many more control to implement... like scrollbars, a datagrid (!), treeview... I'll have my hands full. When you find the time let me know what do you think either here or in the UI forums.

Thanks again!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!