• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RPTD

NV+FBO+Stencil = Bug?

This topic is 4160 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It looks like I hit a driver bug in nVidia here but I'm not sure maybe somebody can verify this. I have an FBO with an attached depth/stencil ( packed extension ) which has been initialized with scene geometry. Now I want to render some volumes to create a masc for later rendering. In this case the volume faces are sometimes coplanar with world geometry faces. The problem is now that this is not working at all. I have tried glPolygonOffset with everything from small to huge offsets but nothing works. It looks like the nVidia drivers simply ignore any glPolygonOffset in FBO/Stenil mode. If I disable depth testing it works so it is a problem with glPolygonOffset. I have used glPolygonOffset( 1.0f, -1.0f ) up to glPolygonOffset( 1.0f, -100.0f ) and even with positive values but nothing worked. Hence does nVidia have there a big time driver bug? I can not explain this behavior otherwise nor to I have any idea to fix this except messing with the projection matrix which though I think to remember is not a good idea at all.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!