Check out my Engine

Started by
11 comments, last by TiredofSleep 16 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, I finally got my Engine able to be distributed. ( Getting it stable and not crashing ) It's very basic at the moment, and i've been working on it almost every day trying to build on it more and more. It's an OpenGL based Engine, so i figured the OpenGL Forums would probably be the best place to post this. ( unless there's an Engine Forum ) I built the Engine for learning more graphics programming, and to tighten my skills as a programmer ( trying to get rid of a few nasty habits ). So i named it the SandBox Engine. Because thats basically what it is for me... a playground. You can download the Engine here: SandBox Engine There's a Readme for all the controls for the engine, and i included some models for you guys to load. If there's any crashes or wierdness let me know! And if you have any Questions let me know! I'll probably be posting the source sooner or later here. I figure if its a learning expierence for me, why cant it be for anyone. I'll Post when i get that up. Engine Specs: OpenGL API GLSL Shaders Win32 Application 3DS Model Format - which is going to change soon cause no normal information sucks. Written in C/C++ Built and Tested on: Amd Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4600+ 2.40Ghz ATI Radeon 1950XT 512mb 2Gb RAM Windows Vista Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Advertisement
Congrats on getting it done to this point :)

What do you mean by, "3DS Model Format - which is going to change soon cause no normal information sucks."?

This is a pretty highly documented format. If you need links just let us know.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

From what ive read, 3ds model format doesnt come with Normal information, you have to calculate them yourself, which is what im doing. If thats not true, shoot i better hook that up!

Could you post some screenshots?

>Screenshot

There ya go!
the groundwall and the elefant crash it for me.

No time to investogate,

Win XP Sp2, NV 6800GT, 2GB Ram
Yea i seem to be having problems with Nvidia cards, not sure what im doing where only the elephant and groundwall dont work...

Sadly enough i dont have any Nvidia cards around here, all ATI in this house.

If someone could run GLIntercept or something to figure out where its crashing, that'd be a great help..

Thanks!
Am running on a Mobile Intel 915GM Chipset, and the engine crashes. I just ran the exe and it crashed. No error messages. The outline of the window is displayed for some few seconds, then it closes.
Im Bettin it's the VBOs im using for the models.
Just used glView utility on ma system.

The following are not supported:
OpenGL Shading Language
Frame buffer object support

Hope this helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement