New with a dream of Game Programming.

Started by
3 comments, last by mugger144 16 years, 8 months ago
I am new to programming, and some of my freinds, and my fqathers freinds in the game development buisness are telling me the best language to start with is C++ becouse its hard to pick up bad habbits, or atleast hard t opick up allot of bad habbits from it. But I dont know how I would start learning the language, like if there are any online tutoriels, or someone could mentor me or anything of the like. I just have always had a dream of programming games professionally but my school has no classes for that kind of thing, meaning I have to wait till college, but they will exspectme to know some pregramming. I am 15 and a Sophmoore in Highschool and would realy like to start learning. Maybe also some Modeling, but I dont think this is the place for modeling help. But I would be greatfull for any help. I have tried to learn this before, but nobody I know, or teachers will help be get my feet in place to learn.
Advertisement
Well, im a complete newb as well maybe a little bit ahead of you. But from my topic people have told me to get a book. I also would recommend checking at the tutorials at cprogramming.com and cplusplus.com. They are good for the basic stuff (variables, strings, and just basic syntax) I guess I got that stuff good because I did all that in &#106avascript however once you get to arrays, pointers, and classes it begins to not make a whole lot of sense at that is where I am at. For that stage probably once again a book might be the answer
thanks much, I finally got some help.
I have a book, but I dunno how to install the CD, it is asking me to place many different files into different folders already on my pc in the Core of the C Drive. But thank you for the websites, hopfully it will help me get a good enough start.

and incase anyone can help me with the instalation, if they know of the book, its called C++ without fear by Brian Overland, becouse I understand its best just to learn how to program before you start programming for games. but if anyone knows of the book, I would apreciate some help on how to install.
Checkout the free book in my signature (the second link).
alrighty, thank you for your help you guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement