• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shiftronic

SDL - running the .exe error - NEED HELP!

This topic is 4074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright, so I just got SDL up and runnning, and I wanted to test to make sure it was working. I copied the script of a pong game from my friend and pasted it into my project. I built it, and when i tried to run the .exe file, it gave me this error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. I've written my own simple display "Hello World" with and image script, and it gets the same error with that one, too. Please, I really need help with this. If you have any ideas, I'd be willing to try.

Advertisement
Visual Studio 2005 has a new C++ run time - get your friend to download this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

Yeah, I would guess that the application was originally compiled against one library, and then you supply a dll of the wrong version when you try to run it. Something like that.

Solution would be to compile it against the same stuff you later run it with. Whatever that might be in your case. Get the correct versions of _everything_ (and dont mix .lib's and .dll's from one version of visual studio with another) and that should fix it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!