SDL - running the .exe error - NEED HELP!

Started by
3 comments, last by NQ 16 years, 9 months ago
Alright, so I just got SDL up and runnning, and I wanted to test to make sure it was working. I copied the script of a pong game from my friend and pasted it into my project. I built it, and when i tried to run the .exe file, it gave me this error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. I've written my own simple display "Hello World" with and image script, and it gets the same error with that one, too. Please, I really need help with this. If you have any ideas, I'd be willing to try.
Advertisement
Might sound dumb, but have you compiled your project?
yeah, i'm using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition. When you build a project, it debugs and compiles it all at once
Visual Studio 2005 has a new C++ run time - get your friend to download this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
Yeah, I would guess that the application was originally compiled against one library, and then you supply a dll of the wrong version when you try to run it. Something like that.

Solution would be to compile it against the same stuff you later run it with. Whatever that might be in your case. Get the correct versions of _everything_ (and dont mix .lib's and .dll's from one version of visual studio with another) and that should fix it.
----------------------~NQ - semi-pro graphical artist and hobbyist programmer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement