• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
siegi44

Animations with Maya and Direct3D

This topic is 4167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I am new to programming with Direct3D and I just got the maya exporter working (many thanks to this thread http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=383794) and now I am stuck with the question "How to export and use animations from Maya in D3D?" Can somebody give me a starting point, because I don't know ... 1. which points I have to look at when exporting meshes/animations from Maya to d3d 2. how to access the whole animation 3. and how to implement a skeletal animation with d3d. ... and so on ... I dug into the DirectX SDK but I got really confused with all the samples ... Thanks for any help! regards Siegi

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!