• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cgFreak

Start app on second screen

This topic is 3985 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody, can I somehow force an D3D application to start on the second monitor (full screen if possible)? What I really need to do: I'm using a VMR9 to mix several video sources. Now the final image must be sent to the second dvi output, so that another pc can grab this information and process the video. My idea is to render the video to a texture and show this texture on the second screen in fullscreen mode. I know it's a hack, but... I can't just connect the out pin to the dvi output, can I? Thanks!

Advertisement
I am very new to DirectX (read: went through one tutorial), and I'm using managed DX for my educational project, but as far as I found out you can iterate through the adapters.

In my app I am using "Manager.Adapters.Default;" which, I assume, takes the monitor that is set as default. You can use an index on the "Manager.Adapters" like "Manager.Adapters[1]". My guess is that would take the second video adapter on your system. I can not try it out for you as I only have one card/monitor, but I think it's worth a try.
If you are not using managed DX I hope you manage to convert it to the language you are using.

Yepp, silly of me - thanks structural.

However, my second question remains - is there a possibility to directly connect the VMR out pin to a dvi output?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!