• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bloodmagic

How to write a bone animation parser ?

This topic is 3984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm a beginner on DirectX9, also a beginner in English ,and this is my first post here. Could anybody familiar with bone(skeletal) animation please help me ,thanks! I've read <Programming Role Playing Games With Directx (2004), 2Ed> and <Advanced Animation With DirectX> on this topic.But when i turn to the source codes with the books, i found they are out-of-date.So i'm still not sure about the structure of .X file,either the whole process of loading a .X file.I just want to kown the details of them.I use vs2005 and Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2007) So,could anyone help me on how to write a bone animation parser using interfaces as ID3DXFile, ID3DXFileData, ID3DXFileEnumObject, and the function ? HRESULT D3DXLoadSkinMeshFromXof( LPD3DXFILEDATA pxofMesh, DWORD Options, LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pD3DDevice, LPD3DXBUFFER * ppAdjacency, LPD3DXBUFFER * ppMaterials, LPD3DXBUFFER * ppEffectInstances, DWORD * pMatOut, LPD3DXSKININFO * ppSkinInfo, LPD3DXMESH * ppMesh ); Any help is appreciated!Thanks! ps,if someone could send me a copy of you source code, well, i'll just use it for study, without any commercial intention!Thanks a lot! Here's my email:zhaojianyin2000@hotmail.com

Advertisement
There's a very good tutorial here. That link also has a tutorial on mesh hierarchies which can be useful to read before reading about skeletal animation.

Quote:
Original post by Gage64
There's a very good tutorial here. That link also has a tutorial on mesh hierarchies which can be useful to read before reading about skeletal animation.

That really help!Thank you a lot !

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!