• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sanch3x

Picking out a network card for my notebook

This topic is 4081 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm sorry for contributing to the hardware advice trend but I could really use some advice. I'm about to build myself a new notebook and I've always had the worse luck with my wireless connections. Which card would you guys recommend between the following three: -IntelJ3945 802.11a/g Mini-card -Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/g Mini-Card -Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card I was thinking of either the 1490 or the 1505 but I really don't know what's better :S (edit: I could also add that I don't know much about wireless connections so if you could educate as to why you picked a particular card aside from the fact that the 1505 is more expensive hehehe :P)

Advertisement
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=144765

Instead of searching for the differences between the two I looked for a review. Fortunately for me the link I posted above compares the three I posted and explains the choices. I decided to go with the Wireless-N card.

Thanks for anyone who read the thread ;-) (oh and Ravuya for moving it :P)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!