• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DarkMortar

my logo

This topic is 4062 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
It looks good. How does it read on a light bg? Like, say, on letterhead?
You should try and integrate a subtitle explaining what it's about if you want to use it by itself.

Well its pretty much 3d text in 3ds studio max, i added a gradient/swirl material to the 3d text then i rendered it to .bmp, and saved it,

I then ported the .bmp to photoshop, and there i made several layers, and did some modifications with the overlays.

I like the first one more. The edges of the second one seem to be not so "clean" and the embossing effect looks more computer generated.

I suggest using the first one as the logo (+ maybe the allready mentioned subtitle)

Second one has too much artifacting in the emboss, and I have a dislike for writing out what things are underneath the acronym. It's not like "Zenith Technologies X" explains anything, so why clutter up a clean logo?

The first one is very slick, but the font you're using makes the X look somewhat blobby and the Z is very bright while the others have more dark shades in the middle.

Also, it's good to have a logo that works well on both black and white, so make sure you take a look at it on a white background as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!