• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
supamike

FMOD with VSC++, linker error

This topic is 3985 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i'm having a problem getting this going with my managed classes. I've defined my FMOD objects globally in a header file, which is included by two classes, one class is unmanged, which inits all the FMOD objects, and the other class which is managed, which simply calls Channel->setVolume to change the volume of the global sound channels. However, i get a linker error from the managed class
MenuPreferences.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A0002B0) "public: enum FMOD_RESULT __thiscall FMOD::Channel::setVolume(float)" (?setVolume@Channel@FMOD@@$$FQAE?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@M@Z) referenced in function "private: void __clrcall MenuPreferences::musicBar_Scroll(class System::Object ^,class System::EventArgs ^)" (?musicBar_Scroll@MenuPreferences@@$$FA$AAMXP$AAVObject@System@@P$AAVEventArgs@3@@Z) 

1>MenuPreferences.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: enum FMOD_RESULT __thiscall FMOD::Channel::setVolume(float)" (?setVolume@Channel@FMOD@@$$FQAE?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@M@Z) referenced in function "private: void __clrcall MenuPreferences::musicBar_Scroll(class System::Object ^,class System::EventArgs ^)" (?musicBar_Scroll@MenuPreferences@@$$FA$AAMXP$AAVObject@System@@P$AAVEventArgs@3@@Z) 
The contents of my header file i'm including is:
/**************************************** 
#include "fmod.hpp" 
#include "fmod_errors.h" 

static FMOD::System *SSoundSystem; 
static FMOD::Sound *SSoundAddress; 
static FMOD::Channel *SBackgroundMusicChannel; 
static FMOD::Channel *SSoundEffectChannel; 
****************************************/ 
Any ideas on this? It seems to be something to do with unmanaged vs managed classes. My unmanaged class is able to call the setVolume members fine. -FMODEx 4.06.22 -VSC++ 2005 Express C++/CLI -Have linked fmodex_vc.dll and included relevant paths

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!