PhysicsFS build trouble

Started by
5 comments, last by Stormtrooper 16 years, 8 months ago
Hey everyone! I'm trying to get PhysicsFS to work, but I've run into some problems. For the life of me I can't get the damn thing to build. I've followed all the instructions given in the most recent version, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing when it comes to building these kind of things. So here's the question, can anyone either guide me through the process of building a library, or point me in the direction of a good tutorial? At this point, I'd even settle for someone PM'ing me an already built version of the library, I'm at the end of my rope! Thanks in advance!
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Advertisement
What kind of problems are you having?

I skimmed back through my journal to see what troubles I had with my integration of PhysicsFS. It looks like I couldn't build the dynamic library either. I know now that I've got PhysicsFS statically linked, which given the liberal licensing is a decent solution.
Well, I attempted to use "cmake" like the instructions recommended, but for some reason, that kept giving me some wierd errors I didn't understand, and I'm not familiar enough with the whole building process to figure a way around it. Static linking is looking better and better by the second, but I was trying to keep the thing streamlined, so we'll see how that goes.....
It's also possible I used an earlier version. In my library directory where I play with things like PhysicsFS I've got two versions installed, v.1.0.1 and v.1.1.1. And in my comments in my journal I state that was debating using the earlier one. From my journal back in May:

Quote:I'm also working on the file management system. I've decided it's time to try integrating PhysicsFS with a game system, however I'm having a lot of trouble getting the latest version to work. CMake doesn't seem to like my configuration and keeps spewing out error messages when I attempt to build a dynamic library like is recommended in the documentation. I'm now trying to statically link it in, but there's a whole bunch of weird linker errors I haven't diagnosed yet. After a couple of hours of head scratching I think I might roll back to an earlier version and see if I can get that working.

Unfortunately I can't remember which one I finally integrated, and I can't find an easy method to identify which version I ended up intstalling. I know I made further modifications to the code later on to link everything up, so a plain comparison is tricky.

Edit: D'oh, I should have just checked my SVN logs; it clearly states I'm using v.1.1.1.
Well, as I remember I had no problems build PhysicsFS library. I just created new project, added files from PhysicsFS, tweaked some parameters (like used CRT runtime, optimization settings) and that's it - I could build DLL or static library without any problems. Never used this cmake though.
Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll just have to try and tweak with some more things to see if it works.

Thanks again!
The 1.1 isn't stable, so try using 1.0.x release.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement