• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stompy9999

The Adventures of Blocky Man

This topic is 4076 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've completed my 2D Jump and Run Platformer, "The Adventures of Blocky Man". In it, you play as Blocky Man, who must fight the evil forces of Round World(and various other evildoers). The game features: - 10 Levels - A Level editor for creating and playing custom levels - Ability to use your own Gamepad with the game - Buy hats and a secret character You can get the game here. Here are some screenshots: Enjoy!

Advertisement
LOL... way to really build upon a concept that allows for programmer art, LOL. Outside of that (if thats even a problem) this seems like a really neat little platformer. KUDOS.

Congratulations for finishing this project! I've been playing blocky man quite a couple of times during it's development and it was not bad at all, I'm currently downloading your game and I can't wait to see the last level (is there a last boss?)

I too have been interested in seeing how it turns out. Congrats on finishing it!

Thanks!

Yep, Blocky Man is 100% Programmer Art, drawn with good ol' MS Paint[lol]

There is a final boss, Baron von Ellipse. It's not an epic boss battle, but it's still pretty cool.

I've uploaded a new version that fixes a bug which made the game crash if you went to Gamepad config without a gamepad.

Pretty fun game, I remember playing it in its earlier form. One thing though, it goes really, really slow whenever water is on the screen. I don't know what is wrong but it goes unplayably slow.

Thanks for trying the game!

The slowdown with the water was something I tried to fix many different ways, but couldn't. I assumed it was my computer, but I guess I was wrong about that.

This game is really good fun. I've followed it throughout its development, and it really impresses me.

Excellent work.

Thanks!

The cool thing is that I can also create new levels for download(although with the same enemies and resources).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!