The Adventures of Blocky Man

Started by
9 comments, last by Stompy9999 16 years, 9 months ago
I've completed my 2D Jump and Run Platformer, "The Adventures of Blocky Man". In it, you play as Blocky Man, who must fight the evil forces of Round World(and various other evildoers). The game features: - 10 Levels - A Level editor for creating and playing custom levels - Ability to use your own Gamepad with the game - Buy hats and a secret character You can get the game here. Here are some screenshots: Enjoy!
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Advertisement
LOL... way to really build upon a concept that allows for programmer art, LOL. Outside of that (if thats even a problem) this seems like a really neat little platformer. KUDOS.
Congratulations for finishing this project! I've been playing blocky man quite a couple of times during it's development and it was not bad at all, I'm currently downloading your game and I can't wait to see the last level (is there a last boss?)
I too have been interested in seeing how it turns out. Congrats on finishing it!
Thanks!

Yep, Blocky Man is 100% Programmer Art, drawn with good ol' MS Paint[lol]

There is a final boss, Baron von Ellipse. It's not an epic boss battle, but it's still pretty cool.
I've uploaded a new version that fixes a bug which made the game crash if you went to Gamepad config without a gamepad.
Pretty fun game, I remember playing it in its earlier form. One thing though, it goes really, really slow whenever water is on the screen. I don't know what is wrong but it goes unplayably slow.
Thanks for trying the game!

The slowdown with the water was something I tried to fix many different ways, but couldn't. I assumed it was my computer, but I guess I was wrong about that.
This game is really good fun. I've followed it throughout its development, and it really impresses me.

Excellent work.
Thanks!

The cool thing is that I can also create new levels for download(although with the same enemies and resources).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement