• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
idreamlovey

Texture coordinate

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using 3 stages of textures for terrain rendering(splatting). And i want to do multitexturing stuff only for near distant not for far distant to improve the frame rate. In order to that Can i simply turn off the stage like as follows for far distant:- pd3dDevice->SetTexture(1,NULL); pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_DISABLE ); pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_DISABLE ); pd3dDevice->SetTexture(2,NULL); pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 2, D3DTSS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_DISABLE ); pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 2, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_DISABLE ); Is this a good practice or i have to render the far distant with one texture stage with different vertex buffer and near distant with 3 texture stages with different vertex buffer. I have only one large static Vertex buffer with three texture stages. And i am using Dynamic Index Buffer.

Advertisement
Off the top of my head you should be fine with disabling only the first stage where you no longer want processing. If you disable #2 then you also disable #3,#4,#5... without having to explicitly disable the latter stages.

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!