• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mania-92

Simple and probably noobish question

This topic is 3984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanted to make the width of my console window a little bit wider, so I searched MSDN and made this code:
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
using namespace System;

int main(){

int height;
    int width = 1;

height = Console::WindowHeight();

Console::SetWindowSize(width, height);

cin.get();
return 0;
}
Now visual C++ 2005 express basiccaly saying 2 things: 1. The System namespace doesn't exists 2. Console doesn't exists, what makes sense since hey can't find System... :P Could someone help me? I've based my code on the example on this msdn page: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.console.setwindowsize.aspx PS. excuse me for my bad english and probably noobish question. :P

Advertisement
I believe the "System" namespace is only available when building a C++ .NET application and not for a regular C++ application.

And how to make such a .NET aplication? I've looked at the new project pages in visual C++ 2005 but couldn't find it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!