• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rasmadrak

OpenGL MAXscript and Vertex Arrays

This topic is 4081 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm currently writing an exporter for MAXscript to a custom game engine, but I'm having troubles exporting texture coordinates. The problem is as follows: If i use MAX's custom export I get an independent set of texture indexes, that work well with display lists and immediate modes. ...but - If I use vertex arrays the indexes used by vertices are not the same as the texture-coords and thus display incorrectly. Has anyone solved this one-to-one ratio before? Is there a way to supply OpenGL with a texture-index pointer as well as a vertex-index pointer? Thankful for any input! /Robert

Advertisement
"Is there a way to supply OpenGL with a texture-index pointer as well as a vertex-index pointer?"

No. Index list is for optimizing post transform cache.
Group your vertex, texcoords, normals.

You'll need to write code that will do that or there was some code at nvidia.com which is down for the moment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!