• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
andor_00

Secret Agent Dorito

This topic is 3959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Secret Agent Dorito For those of you whose deepest, darkest desire is to die and be resurrected as a Dortios chip, you now have an avenue of indulgence! Secret Agent Dorito is an Action-Platformer designed to help illustrate my idea in action for the Doritos Unlock Xbox Contest. It consists of a new type of combat system in which the player has direct control over the main characters hand with the mouse. It also involves some tricky platforming and a small storyline. Title: Secret Agent Dorito Genre/Category: Action-Platformer Download Size: 7.01 MB Resolution: 800x600, Full Screen Find the trailer for the game here as well as the download URL: Click Me! Edit: The Doritos site seems to be temporarily down so you can download the game here: http://nate-bradley-games.com/dorito.htm [Edited by - andor_00 on July 24, 2007 11:33:36 PM]

Advertisement
Wow! Really fun! The main thing you could do to help is improve the background graphics. I got pretty far, but didn't run into any bosses yet. If there aren't any bosses you should add some in, that would be awesome. Good work, keep it up!

Ya, I really didn't spend a whole lot of time on the background graphics due to the contest deadline.

There is one boss in the game though at the end. It's pretty short though.

Very nice. I played it through in one 30-minute sitting. I liked the controls (at first hard to understand and get used to, but once that phase is over, it really is realistic and atmospheric to have control over both hands this way). The sprites and animations were cool as well, just the (as you know) backgrounds/tiles could've used a little more work, maybe an extended version could fix that with more time etc.?

It was a very nice, modern Jump'n'Run, there always was very little ammunition around, but since enemies dropped weapons, it was fine, I guess. Overall, it was a little short (due to the time-limit, I guess, so, again, how about an extended version with more levels?) and easy, how about getting rid of some save-points? Oh, and the final enemy was definitely too easy as well. A boss has to be hard, at least harder than the level before it, and with this enemy, I just jumped around and fired rockets, and after a few runs, he was dead. I didn't die once in the whole game.

the thread you made about this game on the penny-arcade forums got locked before I was able to point out that it liberally rips of the madness combat game:
http://madnesscombat.com/madness-interactive.php

pablo9000: The madness combat game isn't the first game to use that type of control style.

andor_00: Looks entertaining.

great!
(i just cannot agree with some reviewers suggesting, the game is difficult - using just a sword, it's a matter of half an hour (which i don't mind!) what i'd appreciate most, would be an enhancemnet of the free play option - a larger area with more variability and strategical options.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!