• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ying

Luabind install in windows

This topic is 3981 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working under windows using gcc and Devc++ 5, I installed lua(5.0.2) using devpacks over a year ago, and have been trying to install luabind for some months now but have found it so frustrating that I have given up several times. I've decided to give another shot installing the lib and was wondering if anyone here would please donate their time to make a much needed short tutorial (well, rather a walk-thorugh for dummies) on how to get this lovelly lib to work. Or, even better if anyone can point me to an already existing tutorial. The problem with the oficial one (and the rest I have found) is that it's for people who already understand how this kinds of things work, and that forget that some of us have dificulty setting up an enviroment variable, and spend time googling what the hell make or makefile does, or how to statically compile a lib. Please help me learn. A tut on how to install the lib would be really apreciated. A more complete one explaining the details of the workings of compilers in Windows, IDEs, makefiles, libraries and so on... that would win the author his place in heaven if I could have my way. Cheers

Advertisement
Thanks for all the help Zerotri! I think somebody should make you a statue, oh, and be sure to post your tut here too ^^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!