• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Al Gorithm

Asteroids Java Game -- Fun and addictive!

This topic is 3984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have completed a first draft of a Java game I've been working on this summer. It captures the look and feel of the original game, but adds some new elements like having to collect loot drops to purchase upgrades in between rounds, and having different materials for asteroids with different properties. It's pretty challenging, but it's also very fun and addictive. Some screenshots: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us You can play the game in your browser here, no download required. If you're so inclined, you can also download the source here. I would greatly appreciate feedback on the game. Are there any features you feel are missing, or think would make the game better? Are the upgrades useful? Is collecting the loot enough of a challenge? etc. I have a list of features I think would be awesome to add, but I don't have all the time in the world, so whoever speaks up gets priority. I really would like to add an online high scores table, however...

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!