• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Brain

[web] Need help: how those spendid effects we created?

This topic is 3978 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need help with some information. I don’t know how to ask it, since it’s probably beyond the limit of my knowledge since I have only basic skills with Flash. However, play and watch those two animations please. My jaw drop on the floor when I saw them. LINK 1 LINK 2 My question is, how were those animation pattern made? Were they created within traditional Flash software? Or was maybe another software used to create these complex pattern animation and fantastic particle effects? Thank you for taking some of your time to give me some guidance!

Advertisement
I'm thinking They may have done most of that as video and then incorporated it into Flash. I am thinking of going to college to do a lot of stuff like that and it is called Motion Graphic Design. Here is some stuff that looks kinda like it:

http://www.expression.edu/motion_graphic_design/gallery/

Quote:
Original post by blackbirdblackbird1
I'm thinking They may have done most of that as video and then incorporated it into Flash.

Yes, most definitely.

If you look at it you'll see that the highlight technique follows the mask. It's certainly a nice design, it's something that's currently being way over-used though.

My only critique to the above is it's really not for a web site - it doesn't provide quick links to products I want to see and I'm shown things at a very fast pace that I may want to look at, or may get frustrated with very quickly. It should also only preload the technique, not all the graphics which could be done while running the flash.

Because I'm not well-versed in flash I couldn't point out to you how to implement a mimic technique. Look at masking techniques. There should be tutorials on 'outlining animations' or something similar to those keywords.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!