• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rajesh_nest

Error while compiling the sample program

This topic is 4157 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear DirectX programmers, I am a new bie programer in DirectX. I recently installed DirectX 10 on my machine running Windows XP Professional o/s . When I run the sample program -Tutorial02, (without any modication), I am getting the following error. Tutorial02 error C2059: syntax error : ')' Tutorial02 error C2061: syntax error : identifier '__out' Tutorial02 error C2061: syntax error : identifier '__in' How to fix it. Suggestions please. Thanks in advance With regatrds, Dr.Ramachandra Innanchaya, Inna, Udupi,karnataka, India

Advertisement

Thanks.

Cause of error seems to be improper installation of DirectX10 SDK as the compilers points the error to the D3D10.h file.

I am a biological scientist with less back ground in Windows installation and other stuffs.I wanted to start a career in Game development.

I just downloaded DirectX SDK and invoked the set up file. Once installation program was ovr, I opened tutorial program and started the compiling.

Please help me in installating DirectX10, by specifying the steps. My machine has copy of DirectX 9.0.

Thanks in advance.Please help me with installation.

With regards,
Dr.Ramachandra Innanchaya,
Inna, Udupi,karnataka,
India

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!