• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
axs

Visual Studio 2003 under Vista

This topic is 3982 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, i'm currently using MS VS 2003 Prof. under Windows Vista here @ work. I know it's not officially supported, but it works ... but we have a major problem and i want to know if some else has the same problem and maybe a solution: search in files (in the entire solution) causes vs 2003 to freeze ... you can't search in files with vs 2003 & vista. searching in vs 2005 & vista (tested it) works fine ... greets axs

Advertisement
I haven't tried this myself - but maybe try running VS 2003 with compatibility set to be XP SP2? You can change the compatibility settings by right-clicking over the shortcut/exe you use to launch VS 2003 and going to the "Advanced" tab. There should be a compatibility section at the top of that page.

hi,

yeah i ve already read this thread before writing our problem. seems that we have to live with that issue

In the properties for the Visual Studio 2003 shortcut; Tick "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition", along with "Run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP (Servive Pack 2)".

Now you can do in project searches without it freezing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!