• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
murdock

Book Recommendations C# and DirectX

This topic is 4079 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking to make games that will run on Vista and XP and was wanting to do so using DirectX and C#. Can anyone give me some good recommendations for a book to get started with C# and DirectX?

Advertisement
Best dang C# book I've ever read is "Pro C# 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform" by Andrew Troelsen. Just a super book and easy on the mind. Really in-depth on the important issues. It's about 1,000 pages and covers the entire core. Web design is the only thing that's not deeply covered.

For DirectX I have "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" by our very own Tom Miller. I say very own cause he worked on the DirectX API if I'm not mistaken. I have the kick start. It's basic and breif and again, easy to understand. A good start.

HTH,

Devin

I also use ..

Introduction to 3D Game Engine Design Using DirectX 9 and C#
by Lynn Thomas Harrison. Apress 2003 (422 pages)

This text shows how to develop a complete 3D game engine, write games using C#, DirectX 9, and the .NET Framework, and go beyond simple graphics to explore audio, user input, artificial intelligence, and multiplayer design.

Quote:
Original post by devronious

For DirectX I have "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" by our very own Tom Miller. I say very own cause he worked on the DirectX API if I'm not mistaken. I have the kick start. It's basic and breif and again, easy to understand. A good start.

HTH,

Devin

I Read now "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" I attempt to make skeletal animation the way Tom Miller teaches but the code from the book on this topic isn`t compiled for me. Though I don`t have disk with code for the book, can you tell me where I can download the code for this book?

Thank`s in advance.

Dont Start With Menaged DirectX

1 - Menaged DirectX Updates Closed. (XNA)
2 - XNA is not much good

start with Cpp DirectX..

Book Advice -> Dont Use Any Book At Starting Point

Learn C++ via tutorialX.com

and Learn DirectX via Microsoft DirectX SDK

after that u can look my site about DirectX Education directX.blog.com

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!