Book Recommendations C# and DirectX

Started by
3 comments, last by OguzBastemur 16 years, 9 months ago
I am looking to make games that will run on Vista and XP and was wanting to do so using DirectX and C#. Can anyone give me some good recommendations for a book to get started with C# and DirectX?
Advertisement
Best dang C# book I've ever read is "Pro C# 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform" by Andrew Troelsen. Just a super book and easy on the mind. Really in-depth on the important issues. It's about 1,000 pages and covers the entire core. Web design is the only thing that's not deeply covered.

For DirectX I have "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" by our very own Tom Miller. I say very own cause he worked on the DirectX API if I'm not mistaken. I have the kick start. It's basic and breif and again, easy to understand. A good start.

HTH,

Devin
I also use ..

Introduction to 3D Game Engine Design Using DirectX 9 and C#
by Lynn Thomas Harrison. Apress 2003 (422 pages)

This text shows how to develop a complete 3D game engine, write games using C#, DirectX 9, and the .NET Framework, and go beyond simple graphics to explore audio, user input, artificial intelligence, and multiplayer design.

Quote:Original post by devronious

For DirectX I have "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" by our very own Tom Miller. I say very own cause he worked on the DirectX API if I'm not mistaken. I have the kick start. It's basic and breif and again, easy to understand. A good start.

HTH,

Devin

I Read now "Managed DirectX 9, Graphics and Game Programming" I attempt to make skeletal animation the way Tom Miller teaches but the code from the book on this topic isn`t compiled for me. Though I don`t have disk with code for the book, can you tell me where I can download the code for this book?

Thank`s in advance.
Dont Start With Menaged DirectX

1 - Menaged DirectX Updates Closed. (XNA)
2 - XNA is not much good

start with Cpp DirectX..

Book Advice -> Dont Use Any Book At Starting Point

Learn C++ via tutorialX.com

and Learn DirectX via Microsoft DirectX SDK

after that u can look my site about DirectX Education directX.blog.com
Oguz Bastemur http://directx.blog.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement