• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HexDump

Height maps creation questions.

This topic is 4071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I´m working in 3D game with 2D playability (platformer). I will have floating platforms and a cave mesh in the background. This Cave mesh will build the surrounding walls that define the level too and must be at the same height that my platforms, here 2 really bad shots: Image I have decided the best way to do this is with a clevel heightmap, could anybody tellme a good way to do this? I have been playing with photoshop with not much luck. By the way take in acount that I don´t want to create the platformers from the height map only the background mesh for the cave that will contain the surroundings too. Thanks in advance, HexDump.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!