Sign in to follow this  
doofer

Porting to Linux

Hello, I'm trying to port a project of mine, which I've got working under Windows, to Linux (using Xubuntu 7 at the moment). I'm kind of new to the Linux world, and I'm getting a strange compiler error. The project is using the following libraries: GLFW, Corona and PortAudio. The compiler error is as follows: -------------- Build: Debug in HoneyBadger --------------- Linking console executable: bin/Debug/HoneyBadger /usr/bin/ld: bin/Debug/HoneyBadger: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' in /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(stack_chk_fail_local.oS) is referenced by DSO /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds) 0 errors, 0 warnings Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong, or where I can turn for help? All answers are appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know this error, but it seems you forget to pass a library name?
can you give us the makefile, or command line for compiling?

Hey,

Thank you for your replies.

-fno-stack-protector did not seem to make any difference. :(

I'm using Code::Blocks with gcc and I'm not sure if it can output a makefile but anyway, the libraries I link in are these:

glfw
GL
GLU
pthread
Xxf86vm
libportaudio
libportaudiocpp
corona

Other than that, and some library and include directories, I haven't changed anything from the default project properties in Code::Blocks.

What do you think should I look out for in search for the cause? I don't understand the error at all and don't know where to start.

I've never used Code::Blocks so I can't be sure but a quick googling gave as at least one possibility that the program is trying to link with ld in a place where it should use gcc instead of calling it directly.

There is propably some option somewhere to choose linker for your project in Code::Blocks? Not sure if this helps anything but if it is something else than 'g++' then try changing it to that.

I seem to be unable to test Code::Blocks myself as it crashes on start on me.