• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cybernator

"_is_cdrom_drive" missing? (DJGPP)

This topic is 4094 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, According to the docs, in order to use _is_cdrom_drive, I need to #include <dos.h>. It didn't work, so I google searched and found that the function has been taken out of "mntent.c", and is now externally callable. I assume that means the function resides somewhere in the standard library, but there's no prototype in the headers. So I tried with an external declaration, but no luck. Anyone has an idea?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Cybernator
Hi,

According to the docs, in order to use _is_cdrom_drive, I need to #include <dos.h>. It didn't work, so I google searched and found that the function has been taken out of "mntent.c", and is now externally callable. I assume that means the function resides somewhere in the standard library, but there's no prototype in the headers. So I tried with an external declaration, but no luck.

Anyone has an idea?

The prototype should be in <dos.h>

EDIT: I contacted DJ by email and got the following reply:

> I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find the prototype of
> > _is_cdrom_drive function?

<dos.h>

However, I've never used the DJGPP lib so I can't help you any further.

[Edited by - 0v3rloader on August 2, 2007 11:59:56 AM]

Yes, I've tried to include <dos.h> (as I implicitly stated in my original post), but it didn't work.

Thank you for your reply.

Edit: Checked the header file. It is certainly lacking such prototype.

[Edited by - Cybernator on August 3, 2007 3:12:12 PM]

Quote:
Original post by Cybernator
Yes, I've tried to include <dos.h> (as I implicitly stated in my original post), but it didn't work.

Thank you for your reply.

Edit: Checked the header file. It is certainly lacking such prototype.

The _is_cdrom_drive function apparently has been added after the 2.03 release. You need to get version 2.04b (still beta though), which you can download from here (Dev Kit and Runtime.)

Include <dos.h> and you should be rockin'.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!