"_is_cdrom_drive" missing? (DJGPP)

Started by
3 comments, last by Cybernator 16 years, 8 months ago
Hi, According to the docs, in order to use _is_cdrom_drive, I need to #include <dos.h>. It didn't work, so I google searched and found that the function has been taken out of "mntent.c", and is now externally callable. I assume that means the function resides somewhere in the standard library, but there's no prototype in the headers. So I tried with an external declaration, but no luck. Anyone has an idea?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Cybernator
Hi,

According to the docs, in order to use _is_cdrom_drive, I need to #include <dos.h>. It didn't work, so I google searched and found that the function has been taken out of "mntent.c", and is now externally callable. I assume that means the function resides somewhere in the standard library, but there's no prototype in the headers. So I tried with an external declaration, but no luck.

Anyone has an idea?

The prototype should be in <dos.h>

EDIT: I contacted DJ by email and got the following reply:

> I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find the prototype of> > _is_cdrom_drive function?<dos.h>

However, I've never used the DJGPP lib so I can't help you any further.

[Edited by - 0v3rloader on August 2, 2007 11:59:56 AM]
Yes, I've tried to include <dos.h> (as I implicitly stated in my original post), but it didn't work.

Thank you for your reply.

Edit: Checked the header file. It is certainly lacking such prototype.

[Edited by - Cybernator on August 3, 2007 3:12:12 PM]
Quote:Original post by Cybernator
Yes, I've tried to include <dos.h> (as I implicitly stated in my original post), but it didn't work.

Thank you for your reply.

Edit: Checked the header file. It is certainly lacking such prototype.

The _is_cdrom_drive function apparently has been added after the 2.03 release. You need to get version 2.04b (still beta though), which you can download from here (Dev Kit and Runtime.)

Include <dos.h> and you should be rockin'.
Ah, I've been outdated. It's rockin' now! :)

Thanks a lot for the info, pal!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement