Sign in to follow this  
lostincpp

Borland Compiler and DXGUID.LIB

lostincpp    122
I apologize in advance if this topic has been hashed and re-hashed. I've been looking for days and all the solutions that I see are over 3 years old and don't fix my problem, which is indicated by the linker error: "Unresolved external _IID_IDirectInput8" First, let me just say that linking to dxguid.lib does not fix the problem. I wish it were that simple. The problem appears to be that the Borland compiler does not use the same format for library files that Microsoft uses. Microsoft uses COFF and Borland uses OMF. Developer Studio 2006 (which I'm using) ships with a command line utility named coff2omf.exe. It works fine when converting most of the DirectX library files to the OMF format. However, it apparently has problems with dxguid.lib and doesn't properly convert the file to OMF format. So, my actual quetion is: Does anyone know what I can do to get around/fix this problem or where I can find a recent version of a OMF formatted DXGUID.LIB file that will work with the latest version of the DirectX SDK? (June 2007) NOTE(8/2/2007): I found everything that I needed to get a DirectX application to compile with the Borland compiler and using the VCL. Of course it was late at night and I was 1/2 asleep and there have been umpteen changes and attempts in the mix. When I'm more certain of the actual steps to take and the files to download and link, I'll edit this message again with appropriate links for anyone who might need this information in the future. In the meantime, if you want to try to figure it out for yourself here are links to 2 sites that I found very helpful: http://www.geocities.com/foetsch http://www.clootie.ru [Edited by - lostincpp on August 2, 2007 7:40:37 AM]

jollyjeffers    1570
I'm not aware of anything that will definitely solve your problem. The closest I can think of is the reimp tool (MinGW Utilities) used by Dev C++ users. Bit of a long shot but can't hurt to try.

Ultimately MS only supports their own compilers/IDE's and now they give away VS'05 and VS'08 for free there isn't much momentum for the community to provide the support that MS doesn't want to...

hth
Jack