Isometric game in XNA?

Started by
2 comments, last by remigius 16 years, 8 months ago
New here I have 4 questions 1. Can you make a isometric game using the language C#? and if so can i do it with Flatredball(by isometric I mean an Final fantasy tactics type game) 2. If I am not going to create my own game engine do i need directx SDK? 3.If i cant make an isometric game in C# How can i make one? 4.If i can make an isometric game in C# would it be hard? (I have some exp with C#) Thanks to who ever answers my question
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Wildhare
1. Can you make a isometric game using the language C#?
and if so can i do it with Flatredball(by isometric I mean an Final fantasy tactics type game)
You can make any type of game with C#. As for FlatRedBall, I don't know much about it but at a guess I'd say ...probably [smile]
2. If I am not going to create my own game engine do i need directx SDK?
For XNA GSE you shouldn't need the full DirectX SDK, but it is most definitely nice to have. The likes of PIX and the debug runtimes will help you out immensely as you get more involved.
3.If i cant make an isometric game in C#
How can i make one?
The language isn't that important. You can make one in C# if you want, or you can use pretty much any other programming language out there, it is up to you.
4.If i can make an isometric game in C# would it be hard?
(I have some exp with C#)
Making games can be difficult, especially when starting out. How difficult it is depends entirely on your ability, your patience and your desire to make games.

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
You wouldn't be limited to a language for a specific kind of game, it would be just programming any other. How to make it however is a pretty broad question.

Edit:
Beaten to it :-)
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
2. If I am not going to create my own game engine do i need directx SDK?
For XNA GSE you shouldn't need the full DirectX SDK, but it is most definitely nice to have. The likes of PIX and the debug runtimes will help you out immensely as you get more involved.

You'll probably also need the SDK when you want to work with sounds the official way. Sounds need to be 'packed' with the XACT tool that comes with the SDK so you can add them to the content pipeline and use them through the XNA sound API. You can find more defails on that in the XNA docs.
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement