Sign in to follow this  
glBender

Starting with Haskell

glBender    156
I've never done any real functional programming before, but I've been reading Haskell tutorials and information on it, and I have to say I really like the syntax/feel of it. I was using KATE on kubuntu, but I have windows on my laptop, so does anyone know of a haskell IDE for windows that works? I've googled some, but I don't have Visual studio for the visual haskell plugin, and the rest I found were linux/mac. Also, if any tips/advice or good readings about haskell pop into your head, feel free to tell them to me. Thanks in advance :)

BBBert    142
Hey glBender,

a good start would be the university of utrecht's webpages on Haskell... They have a working ide for haskell and documentation, courses, links etc. for Haskell...

start here: http://www.cs.uu.nl/helium/

Gr.B.

let_bound    488
GNU Emacs is IMHO the best "IDE" out there for Haskell. I know it isn't an IDE per se, but it isn't like you're going to drag and drop monads on forms anyway.

On Windows, there is Visual Haskell, but it requires Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 (the express edition won't do).

EDIT: you already know about Visual Haskell.

glBender    156
Hey thanks for the replies, both of you. When I was googling for an IDE, a lot of stuff about VIM and Emacs kept coming up. I was reluctant to settle for them, and I've used emacs a little before. But I guess if everyone says that its good, there must be a reason behind it :). And I'm checking out the site you linked me to now, looks great, thanks.