Sign in to follow this  
51mon

Is it possible to change targets on the GPU side? [DX10]

51mon    342
When performing custom mipmapping in DX9 I had to change the render targets between every pass in CPU code. Is this still the case in DX10 or can I reduce the CPU->GPU calls? I was thinking that there might be some way to declare the targets inside the fx-file, especially since the target texture is the same for all passes. Thanks [Edited by - 51mon on August 2, 2007 4:54:57 AM]

jollyjeffers    1570
I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're trying to describe. D3D10 allows the use of render target arrays that you can control in a shader via system interpretted values, but that's it - any other RT switching is going to be done via the same approach you've used under D3D9.

hth
Jack

51mon    342
Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're trying to describe. D3D10 allows the use of render target arrays that you can control in a shader via system interpretted values, but that's it - any other RT switching is going to be done via the same approach you've used under D3D9.

hth
Jack

Ok, but I have to create a different view for every level I want to write on and do the switching with CPU->GPU calls?